Share A Course: Building Effective Communication Skills in Healthcare
By Angelia B. Hill, MS, OTR
Do you already have access to the reading materials and only need the testing materials? Are you planning to Share A Course with someone else who already has the reading materials?
Effective communication skills are essential for healthcare professionals! Clear and accurate documentation is one of the foundations of healthcare and this course emphasizes its importance along with the importance of building effective treatment teams, maintaining productive communication channels among the team members and developing good listening skills. Effective guidelines for writing evaluations, daily notes, weekly summaries and discharge summaries are presented.
Course Length: 2.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner
This package includes only the testing materials for the course and not the required reading materials.
Building Effective Communication Skills in Healthcare: Share the Story
This course is intended to instruct the student, through self-paced study, in the purpose and procedures for team participation, including communication and documentation, in medical/healthcare settings.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify 2 definitions of communication
2. Identify 3 applications for good listening skills
3. Identify 1 definition of team
4. Identify 2 characteristics of a team
5. Identify 2 guidelines for effective team membership
6. Identify 7 items to be included in the therapy evaluation
7. Identify procedures to write an appropriate therapy physician order
8. Identify the difference between a therapy goal and a therapy plan
9. Identify procedures to document a daily note
10. Identify procedures to document a weekly note
11. Identify 5 items which should be included in a therapy discharge summary