Share A Course: Current & Popular Concepts in the Evaluation and Non-Operative Treatment of the Lumbar Spine: Part 3: Improving Lumbar Neuromuscular Efficiency: Objectives of Treatment Plans (Electronic Download)
by Jeffrey P. Larson, RPT, ATC
Do you already have access to the reading materials and only need the testing materials? Are you planning to Share A Course with someone else who already has the reading materials?
Discusses objectives of creating treatment plans and treatment for pathologies of the lumbar spine. Topics include work hardening, sport-specific training with emphasis for restoring proprioception to the lumbar spine.
Order this product and it will be available to you immediately after purchase for electronic download in the “My Downloads” section of your account after you have logged in. The download files will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed, you may download it at no charge from Adobe.com.
Course Length: 3.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner
This package includes only the testing materials for the course and not the required reading materials.
Current and Popular Concepts in the Evaluation and Non-Operative Treatment of the Lumbar Spine: Part 3: Improving Lumbar Neuromuscular Efficiency: Objectives of Treatment Plans
This course is intended to instruct the student through self-paced study in developing treatment plans/options of the lumbar spine.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe techniques used in promoting a healing environment for treatment of the lumbar spine.
2. Explain current views of exercise in the non-operative treatment of the lumbar spine.
3. Identify movements that are advantageous to the healing process of the lumbar spine.
4. Describe proprioceptive activities and their use in lumbar spine rehabilitation.
5. Develop a rehabilitation program for the postoperative lumbar spine patient
6. Identify the importance of patient education throughout all stages of lumbar spine rehabilitation
7. Explain the importance of a work hardening program
8. Define the reasoning of sport-specific training
9. Explain why education is vital throughout the entire rehabilitation program
10. List key topic and tips in the final preparation for discharge in the individual’s rehabilitation program