Common Phrase Translation: Spanish for English Speakers: Occupational Therapy
By Jacqueline Thrash, OTR
Learn to break the language barrier between you and your patients and improve your cultural compentency! This exciting new course has over 700 English to Spanish phrases for Physical and Occupational Therapists to use during evaluation and treatment in Acute Care, Rehab, SNF, Out Patient, Adult Day and Home Health. Categories include Openings and Closings, Evaluation and Treatment, Anatomy, Neuromuscular, Sensation, Activities of Daily Living, Prosthetics, Wheelchair Mobility, Ambulation, Gross Motor Skills, Seated Exercises, Precautions for weight bearing and hip replacements, Self Feeding and Swallowing and more! 112 pgs.
Course Length: 5.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner
This order number (405OT) includes the Occupational Therapy Module
Common Phrase Translation: Spanish for English Speakers-Occupational Therapy
This course is intended to instruct, through self-study, the occupational therapy student regarding cultural competence, and to familiarize the student with common English to Spanish phrases used during evaluation and treatment in a variety of settings. The concentration will be primarily occupational therapy, however, since there is overlap between the disciplines, we have included a brief introduction of physical and speech therapy phrases as well.
At the end of this self-study program, the student will be able to:
1. Locate and retrieve seven common phrases regarding salutations used to open and
2. Locate and retrieve 25 common phrases used in evaluation of occupational therapy clients.
3. Locate and retrieve 49 phrases used in treatment of occupational therapy clients.
4. Locate and retrieve eight phrases regarding precautions and safety.
5. Locate and retrieve seven phrases used for encouragement of the client.
6. The student will be able to identify eight phrases from the physical therapy and six phrases from the speech therapy sections of the book.
7. Begin to understand cultural competence and its history.
8. Identify simple social greetings in five other languages.
9. Use appendix A to identify the number of living languages of 5 countries.
10. Use appendix B to locate resources from five different disciplines.