Share a Course: The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy: Module 1 (Electronic Download)
By Judith Boscheinen-Morrin, Dip. OT, MAAOT, MAHTA and W. Bruce Conolly, AM, FRACS, FRCS, FACS
Do you already have access to the reading materials and only need the testing materials? Are you planning to Share A Course with someone else who already has the reading materials?
This course is offered in cooperation with Elsevier Science and utilizes the textbook, "The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy"by Judith Boscheinen-Morrin, Dip. OT, MAAOT, MAHTA and W. Bruce Conolly, AM, FRACS, FRCS, FACS. This course discusses many common diagnoses associated with the hand, surgical interventions, therapy assessment and treatment, splinting techniques and post-operative treatments.
Module 1 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, flexor tendon disorders, extensor tendon disorders, peripheral nerve injuries, tendon transfers and peripheral nerve entrapment disorders.
Module 2 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, conditions of the wrist and finger tendons, Dupuytren's contracture, fractures of the hand, joint injuries of the fingers and thumb and wrist disorders
Module 3 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, digital and partial hand amputations, arthritic hand disorders, complex hand injuries, microvascular free tissue transfers, burn injuries and chronic regional pain syndrome.
Order this product and it will be available to you immediately after purchase for electronic download in the “My Downloads” section of your account after you have logged in. The download files will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed, you may download it at no charge from Adobe.com.
Course Length: 7.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
This package includes only the testing materials for Module 1 and not the required reading materials.
The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy: Module 1
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. List 11 things to assess visually during a hand evaluation
2. Describe the 3 phases of wound healing
3. Describe 3 treatment goals during the inflammatory phase of wound healing
4. Describe 4 uses of Coban wrap in hand therapy
5. Describe the 2 most important biomechanics pulleys of the hand
6. Identify the 5 zones of flexor tendon repair
7. Describe 4 aims of therapy for a patient with a flexor tendon repair
8. Describe a treatment protocol for a postoperative flexor tendon repair
9. List 4 early signs of synovitis
10. Describe the 6 dorsal compartments of the hand and the musculature associated with each compartment
11. Describe the 9 zones of extensor tendon injury
12. Describe a treatment protocol for a postoperative extensor tendon repair
13. Identify the 3 layers of connective tissue surrounding nerve fibers
14. Identify 3 levels of nerve injury
15. Identify 5 factors affecting nerve regeneration
16. Identify the muscles affected in a low and high median nerve lesion.
17. Identify the muscles affected in a low and high ulnar nerve lesion.
18. Identify the muscles affected in a radial nerve lesion.
19. Describe a treatment plan for a postoperative tendon transfer for median, ulnar and radial nerve lesions.
20. Describe 3 causes of nerve compression
21. Describe the contents of the carpal tunnel
22. Describe a treatment program for a postoperative median nerve decompression.
23. List 3 syndromes resulting from medial nerve compression
24. Describe a treatment program for a postoperative ulnar nerve decompression
25. List 2 syndromes that can be present with radial nerve compression.