Ankle Anatomy & Biomechanics (Electronic Download)
By Jeffrey K. McCamman, BS, MPT
Reviews anatomy and biomechanics of the human ankle with discussion of musculature, ligamentous structures and movements of flexion, extension, inversion and eversion. 21 pages.
Order this product and it will be available to you immediately after purchase for electronic download in the “My Downloads” section of your account after you have logged in. The download files will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed, you may download it at no charge from Adobe.com.
Course Length: 2.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner
Ankle Anatomy and Biomechanics
To instruct the student, through self-paced study, of the anatomy and basic biomechanics of the human ankle.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
1. Describe the musculature of the human ankle.
2. Describe the vascular anatomy of the human ankle.
3. Describe the ligament structure of the human ankle.
4. Describe the basic biomechanics of the human ankle at the tibiotalar and subtalar joints.
5. Describe the important role of the accessory structures during the biomechanics of the human ankle.