General Continuing Education Questions:
1. How does At Home Seminars, LLC work?
We make it very easy for you to complete your hours. The first step is to decide which courses you want. The next step is to decide how you would like them shipped to you (UPS, Priority Mail, etc).
Once you receive your order all you need to do is to go over the material and complete the multiple choice/ true and false open-book test. The easiest way to do this is to take your test out and answer the test questions while you are reading through the materials.
You can input your answers online from your testing sheet and find out immediately if you’ve passed or failed or you can return your answer sheets to us by fax or by mail. We have a 24-business-hour turn around on processing tests and we can fax a copy of your certificates to you at no charge before they are mailed as long as you request it at the time you send in your test to us. If you need your certificate in a hurry, you should either test online and print a temporary certificate or fax it to us. You will still receive your original certificates in the mail.”
2. What kind of courses does At Home Seminars, LLC offer?
We only offer courses that are done online or on a home study basis (no live seminars). We offer over 80 courses on anatomy, orthopedics, manual therapy, sports medicine, hand therapy, geriatrics, pediatrics, prenatal and postpartum exercise, nutrition, language, ethics and more! Our courses are written for physical therapy, occupational therapy and athletic training fields.
3. Can I become a therapist by taking your courses?
No, our courses are continuing education courses for healthcare professionals who have already graduated and are already licensed in their respective states. The courses are met to meet the continuing education requirements of these healthcare professionals as they renew their licenses.
For interest in becoming a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant you may wish to visit: The American Physical Therapy Association: (http://www.apta.org/)
For interest in becoming an occupational therapist or occupational therapist assistant, you may wish to visit: The American Occupational Therapy Association: (http://www.aota.org/)
4. How long has At Home Seminars, LLC been around?
We began providing continuing education courses in 1997 and are one of the largest and oldest companies providing online and home study continuing education to physical therapists, occupational therapists and athletic trainers.
At Home Seminars, LLC respects our customers and cares for their privacy. We do not share your information with anyone except when required by state board law or in cases of preventing fraud and complying with legal processes.
6. What is At Home Seminars, LLC Security Policy?
At At Home Seminars, LLC, protecting your information is fundamental. To ensure your information is safely guarded, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. When giving your credit card number, SSL encrypts all personal information including your card number, name and address.
How can you be sure our site is secure? Look for an unbroken-key icon or a closed-lock icon in your browser window during account registration, payment, or accessing an existing account. You will usually find the icon in the lower-right or lower-left corner of your browser window, but some browsers display the icon elsewhere (near the address bar, for instance). The key or lock icon indicates that the SSL is active and your information is secure. You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure webpage, the first characters of the webpage will change from “http” to “https”.
7. What is At Home Seminars, LLC ADA Policy, Non-Discrimination Policy, Disability Policy and Disclosure Policy?
At Home Seminars, LLC’s ADA, Non-Discrimination, Disability and Disclosure Policies can be found at: At Home Seminars ADA Statement Page
8. What is your mailing address for tests, orders, accounting and correspondence?
Address the envelope to At Home Seminars, PO Box 5627, Central Point, Oregon 97502
9. What is At Home Seminars, LLC’s Fax Number?
Our fax number is: (800) 959-3328.
10. What are the operating hours for the Administrative Offices of At Home Seminars?
We are open Monday through Friday from 7am – 6pm Pacific Standard Time. Our customer service center is open 24 hours a day at (800) 965-8013.
11. What is your email address?
Please send emails to : email@example.com. If needed, we will forward them to the appropriate department from this email account.
12. Can I call to see if you have received my fax?
Yes, we encourage our customers to call to verify that we did receive their fax. Many times we receive blank faxes or unreadable faxes from customers and have no way of knowing who the fax came from.
Please be aware that if you call in the evening, on the weekends or on holidays when our administrative office is closed, there is no way for our customer service representatives to find out if we have received your fax. You will need to wait for the next business day for us to confirm that we have received your fax.
13. What if I have a complaint?
We strive to make sure your experience meets all your CEU expectations and that your experience is a positive one. If, however, there is an issue that needs to be resolved, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 454-4062, and we will work with you to find a satisfactory resolution.
14. At Home Seminars has addresses for Las Vegas, NV and Central Point, OR. Which one do I use?
At Home Seminars moved its administrative offices to Central Point, OR in 2012, but is still in the process of re-designing all forms with our new address. Mail is still received and collected at both the Las Vegas and Central Point PO Boxes, however the Central Point address will generate the fastest responses and become the permanent address in the future for At Home Seminars, LLC. Please begin to use the new address of: PO Box 5627, Central Point, OR 97502 for ordering, tests, accounting, and correspondence.
General Continuing Education Questions:
15. How many contact hours are in a CEU?
Normally there are 10 contact hours in 1.0 CEU. Our courses are all in contact hours. Some states (ie. Ohio) approve their courses in Ohio CEUs but they’re the same as a contact hours…HINT..no state requires more than 4 CEUs…”
16. For Occupational Therapists: What is a PDU (Professional Development Unit)?
1 PDU is equivalent to 1 contact hour of courses offered by At Home Seminars
17. What is a PT?
Physical therapists are licensed professionals who work with patients to restore functional independence.
18. What is a PTA?
A Physical Therapist Assistant is trained to assist a physical therapist.
19. What is an OT?
Occupational Therapist are licensed professionals who focus on enabling people to live satisfying and meaningful lives by helping them participate in the occupations and activities they want to do, need to do and are expected to do
20. What is an OTA?
Occupational therapist assistants and aides work under the supervision of occupational therapists to provide rehabilitative services to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments. The ultimate goal is to improve clients’ quality of life and ability to perform daily activities. For example, occupational therapist assistants help injured workers re-enter the labor force by teaching them how to compensate for lost motor skills or help individuals with learning disabilities increase their independence.
21. What is a COTA?
An occupational therapist assistant who graduated from an accredited occupational therapy assistant education program and completed fieldwork.
22. What is an OTR?
“OTR” is an occupational therapist (the OT part) who is registered (the R part) with NBCOT
23. What is an OTRL?
An Occupational Therapist, Registered, and Licensed.
24. What is the NBCOT?
The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy is an independent national credentialing agency and not a governmental entity. NBCOT certification is a nationwide recognition (http://www.nbcot.org) that an occupational therapy practitioner has met certain professional requirements and certification standards In contrast, a state license/registration/certification grants an occupational therapy practitioner permission to practice in that state or jurisdiction. State regulations regarding the practice of occupational therapy and continuing education vary from one state to another.
NBCOT certification is a prerequisite to licensure in all states and the U.S. territories. However, NBCOT does not have jurisdiction over state regulatory entities and their requirements. The application process for NBCOT certification is separate and apart from the application process for state licensure.
25. What is an ATC?
27. What do I do if I fail my test?
A passing post-test score is 75% or higher. If you tested online, you can simply try again until you pass the test. If you sent your test in by fax or by mail and failed, we will call you and correct the examination over the phone with you. We must have a passing score on file for you to issue a certificate since we are audited by different states. There is no charge for re-testing.
28. Can I sign up for online testing?
All courses are activated for online testing when they are purchased. To access your online tests, log into your account and then click on “My Online Tests” on the left side of your screen.
29. Does At Home Seminars report my course completions to my state?
The only state that we report continuing education credits to is to Florida through CE Broker. Course completion is reported by the licensee to their state during license renewal in accordance with state license renewal rules.
30. What date of completion is listed on my certificate?
The date of completion for each certificate is generated once the post-test is completed. If you take your test online, your completion date is the date you tested online (please note that the server is set for Pacific Standard Time). If you fax your test answer sheet to us, the date it is faxed is considered your completion date. If you mail in your test answer sheets, then the date your letter was post marked is considered your completion date.
31. What do I need to send in for my post test to be graded?
Please put the answers to the post test on your answer sheet that is included with your order or that is available for download on electronic download courses. Please do not return the entire test to us, only the answer sheet with your answers. Please print clearly and use black ink, especially if faxing your answer sheet.
32. What happens if I lose my certificate?
You can reprint any certificate by logging into your account on our website and clicking on “My Online Tests” from your account dashboard. You may also call us if you’d like another copy of your certificate mailed to you.
33. How can I get a copy of your current catalog?
You may download a copy of our current catalog by clicking on the link on the right column of our home page: www.athomeseminars.com. You can order a catalog by adding it to your shopping cart at no cost: https://store.athomeseminars.com/index.php/catalog/shipped-products/at-home-seminars-catalog.html
Or by calling us at (800) 965-8013 and requesting a copy.
34. What format are the courses in?
Courses are all in text format unless specified otherwise, and have an open-book, multiple choice/true or false post-test included with them that will need to be passed with a score of 75% or higher to earn credit for the course.
35. What format do your online courses download in? Can they be use by mobile devices?
All of our online courses are downloaded as Adobe PDF files and can be downloaded as many times as you wish. They can be opened on any mobile device that can open PDF files. If you are attempting to view your PDF file on an iPad or another tablet we suggest you use iBooks to view it.
You may either download and save your course to your hard drive and view it offline or print it, or you can access your course online from your account as long as you have internet access. Please note that you will always have access to the material your purchase online from your account.
36. How long do I have to get my course done?
You have 1 year from the time of purchase to complete the course unless you purchase a package of courses. If you order a combo pack, triple pack, bundle pack or value pack, there is no time limit to complete your courses. If you do not a complete your courses in the allotted time frame, all you need to do is to pay a late fee of $20.00 per course to have your courses re-activated for testing.
37. How long does it take to get my certificate?
If you take your examination online, you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and will be able to print a temporary copy of your certificate from our website. You also will have the ability to see any incorrect answers you may have chosen on your test when you tested online. The hard copy of your certificate will be mailed to you by First Class Mail. If you take your examination online, you do not need to return your answer sheets to us.
If you mail your test or fax your test to us, they are generally processed within 24 business hours of us receiving them and then certificates are mailed by First Class Mail. If you fax your test to us, we can fax you a copy of your certificate before mailing it to you as a courtesy as long as you request it on your cover letter when you send it in and indicate a fax number for us to send your certificate to. If you fax your test to us, you do not need to return the original test to us.
38. What is the difference between an online course/electronic download course and a regular course?
An electronic download course contains the exact same materials as a regular course except they are sent to you as an Adobe PDF file. After downloading the course, you will need to either read the materials from your computer screen, or print them on your own. You can save the PDF file to your own computer and view it offline whenever you’d like or you may view it online from your account at any time. If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader already installed, you can download it for free at: http://www.adobe.com.
If you order an electronic download course, the first few pages of the document are the goals, objectives and post test for your courses. We recommend that you print those pages first, so that you can answer the test questions as you read through the materials.
Please note that not all courses are available as electronic download courses as some courses contain DVDs or copyright issues prevent us from having those courses available electronically.
39. How do Share-A-Courses work?
A Share-A-Course is basically another set of test materials. The person who orders a Share-A-Course will need to have access to the reading materials on their own. They may already have the book or know someone who already has the course. There is no limit to the number of Share-A-Courses you can order as long as you have access to the course reading materials and Share-A-Courses can be ordered at any time.
Share-A-Courses are available for all courses we offer and are available either as electronic downloads, or as a hard copy. The costs for electronic download and regular Share-A-Courses are the same, but please allow 3-4 days for a hard copy Share-A-Course to arrive by First Class Mail.
Share-A-Courses are priced at $10.00 per contact hour, so the price of a Share-A-Course for a 10 contact hour course is $100.00 each.
40. Do I have to take the course modules in order?
No, each course is independent from the others and the course modules do not have to be taken in any particular order unless it is specified in the course’s description. For more information about each course module, click on the course title for the full course description.
41. How long does it take to get my courses?
This is entirely up to you. Courses are generally shipped by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail within 24 hours of receiving them. We offer options for UPS Ground (3-6 business days), 3rd Day, 2nd Day and Next Day shipping. Electronic download courses are available immediately if ordered online from our website, and within 24 business hours if ordered by telephone, fax or mail. By choosing Best Shipping, we will choose which shipping option will get to you the quickest for the least amount of charge. If you prefer UPS or Priority Mail, please choose that option when completing your order.
42. Where do your courses ship from?
All shipments originate from Central Point, Oregon.
43. I ordered an electronic download course online and can’t figure out how to get the file
After you have completed your checkout process, click on “My Account” which will bring you to your account dashboard. Now, click on “My Downloadable Products” which is on the left side of your dashboard under “My Account” to see a list of the electronic courses available in your account. Each course will have 2 files to download. One file is your test answer sheet and course evaluation form, and the other file is the actual course. These files can be saved to your computer if you wish. We suggest that you when you open your course material that you print up your post-test first. This way you can answer your post test questions when you are reading your course materials.
Please note unless you have a heavy-duty printer at home or office, we suggest you print only your post test, and not your entire course. Depending on the course you purchase, you could easily run out of ink printing a course.
Please note that if you just purchased your online course and you are having problems opening your answer sheet, please give our server a few minutes to create your answer sheet for you. These answer sheets are created custom for each order and are generated by our server, so it takes a few minutes for the server to have the file available for you.
44. Will I receive an itemized invoice for my purchase?
Yes, your invoice will be emailed to you to the address on your account when your order is placed. You will also receive a copy of your invoice with your order, once it arrives if you are ordering a course that requires shipping. You can also log into your account and print any invoices on your account. These can be printed for your records or submitted to your employer for reimbursement if desired.
45. Are your courses approved by the NBCOT (National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists)?
Yes, we are a member of the NBCOT Provider Registry. (http://www.nbcot.org)
46. Are these courses approved by the BOC/ NATA (Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer)?
Not at this time. However, our courses still qualify under Category D courses for the BOC. Up to 28 CEUs can be completed under Category D.
47. Are these courses approved for the Hand Therapy Certification Commission?
Yes, our courses are approved for your renewal by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (http://www.htcc.org) as long as they deal with the hand and upper extremity.
48. Is At Home Seminars an AOTA Provider? (AOTA meaning American Occupational Therapy Association, not Alabama, or Arizona Occupational Therapist Association)
No, We are not a provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association, however, many Occupational Therapy Boards will accept continuing education courses that are not from AOTA Providers. Please check to see if our courses are valid or approved for your state.
49. Are courses by At Home Seminars, LLC certified by ProCert from the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy?
No, we are not certified though Procert, but are registered through the Aptitude program.
50. Is a course approved in my state? Who granted the approval?
To check the approval status of a course in your state go to our home page, www.athomeseminars.com, click on the appropriate occupation under “Approval Status” on the right column of the page, and then choose your state.
The following are the definitions for the terms describing our approval status in your state:
Valid for CE Credit: The state does not require pre-approval of courses for CE credit or accepts courses that have been approved by another accepted board or association.
Approved: The state does require pre-approval of courses for CE credit and has pre-approved the course for CE credit
Approval Pending: The state does require pre-approval of courses for CE credit. At Home Seminars has submitted the course for approval to the state, but is still awaiting notice of course approval.
Not Approved: The state does require pre-approval of courses for CE credit and has either denied the course for approval or the state requires approval and At Home Seminars has not submitted the course to the state for pre-approval. If you order a course that is Not Approved, you won’t be getting credit for it with your state.
51. Why do some courses like Florida say some courses are valid and some are approved?
Some states, including Florida, accept courses if they have been approved by another board or organization. Some of our courses were approved by Florida before we discovered pre-approval by the Florida PT Association was not necessary since our courses were approved by another accepted organization.
52. Why are there some courses on the approval list that are no longer sold by At Home Seminars?
We keep our retired courses on our approval list just in case people have to look up information about an older course that we use to offer. Every few years we go through and retire courses when we think the course is outdated or if a newer edition has been released.
53. Can I take a course if it is not approved in my state?
Absolutely! Although we cannot guarantee that you’ll receive state credit for the course, many states have a process whereby the licensee may submit an application for a continuing education course to be approved. We would be happy to help supply you with the needed items (Instructor’s CV, Course Outline, etc..) that might be required for this process.
- 54. I just purchased an online course and the computer will not let me open either my answer sheet or my course material files from the “My Electronic Downloads” section.It takes our server a few minutes to process your order because it is creating your documents for you. Wait a few minutes and try to open your files again. They should open without problems now that the server has had time to create them.55. I’m having a problem printing my certificate. My name and address isn’t coming out on the certificate.This problem usually happens if you are using Firefox as your internet browser. The easiest fix is to open another browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari and then trying to print again using that browser. This will usually solve the problem.
If you don’t have access to another browser, follow these five steps to print your certificate:
1. Open Firefox and then click on the left hand corner where it says “Firefox” and select the word “Options”
2. This will open the Options window. Click on the Applications tab that is one of the top options.
3. You will usually see it’s the top three options that need to be changed. The left hand side will say “Adobe Acrobat Forms” under the right hand side you will see “Actions” and it will say, “preview in Firefox”. You want to change the “Preview in Firefox” to “Use Adobe Reader”. Do this with the ones associated with Adobe Acrobat files and then hit OK at the bottom of the window.
4. Now close Firefox and then reopen it for the changes to take effect.
5. Go back to our website, re-log into your account on our site and try printing your certificate again.
6. If this does not solve the problem send us an email and someone from Tech support will call you back.
56. I’m trying to log into my account on your website and nothing is happening. It just erases my user name and returns me to the homepage. What do I do?
You need to clear your browser history.
To Clear your browser history in Internet Explorer:
- Right click on Internet Explore
- Click Properties
- Under the “General” tab, Go down to Browsing history and Click Delete. to Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords, and web form information.
- Click OK
- Open Internet Explorer return to www.athomeseminars.com, and attempt to log into your account again.
To Clear your browser history in Firefox:
- Open Firefox browser and click on “Firefox” in the upper left corner
- Select History and then “Clear Recent History”
- Set time range to clear to: Everything
- Click Clear Now
- Close Firefox and then reopen it for the changes to go into effect.
- Return to www.athomeseminars.com, and attempt to log into your account again.
To Clear your browser history in Safari:
- Open the Safari browser and click on History from the menu bar
- Drag down to “Clear History”
- The system will ask you if you are sure you want to clear your history. Click “Clear”.
- Close Safari and then reopen it for the changes to go into effect
- Return to www.athomeseminars.com, and attempt to log into your account again.
If this does not help, please call or email us with your problem and our tech support will call you back to assist you
57. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password for my account?
If you can’t remember your account password, click the “Forgot Your Password” link under the Registered Customers login from the Account Login Page. In most cases, the website will email you a new password which you can change once you log into your account. If you haven’t received this email, check your spam folder first to see if it was routed there by your email service. If it isn’t there, please call us at (800) 965-8013 to reset your password for you manually. Please do not create a new account. The system will not be able to merge your multiple accounts together and you won’t have a complete account profile of the courses you have taken in the past, or the orders you have placed.